Monday 15 July 2013

Monday Blogger Interview #2- Hayley from teapartybeauty

Hi everyone so today's blogger interview is with the lovely Hayley from teapartybeauty. Hope you enjoy it and on with the interview.


Tell us a little bit about yourself and your blog.
So my names Hayley & I am the wrong side of my 20's & live in Leeds. I am slightly obsessed with everything a bit vintage & should have been born in a different ero I am sure of it. I used to work int he beauty industry in salons & ran my own salon too & I am a self confessed make up hoarder (my eye liner stash is at around 20 at the moment, ooppss) 
I decided to start blogging in March & set to setting my own blog up, It's a beauty blog mainly but I like to throw in a few lifestyle posts every now & again, mostly when I want to rant about something or blog about my shenanigans. I also do a DIY post when I am feeling creative (which isn't as often as I would like) 

 What made you start blogging?
I have read blogs for years & love checking out reviews before I buy stuff, especially makeup. I had been thinking of starting one for a little while then finally bit the bullet one day & set too it. I am also studying for my TEFL (Teach English as a Foreign Language) & thought what better way to try & improve my shocking grammar than writing, and seeing as there is no way I could write a book anyone would want to read, blogging seemed perfect.

What 1 item can you not leave the house without?
Tricky, if you ever saw my handbag you would see I am a little bit of an over-packer. At one time I counted over 10 nail polishes in my bag. Why I would ever need over 10 polishes with me at any given time is a mystery.  In terms of make-up I can't leave the house without some kind of eye product like mascara or eyeliner on, as I look like an extra from The Walking Dead without it. For a non beauty item it is my Iphone 5 without a doubt. I need my daily Twitter fix & also it's great for blogging on the go, I have the nifty little Blogger app so there is no excuse for me forgetting ideas or not posting.

What is your favorite makeup brand?
Errrmmm can I just say make-up as a whole? This is tricky as I love different ones for different things. If I had to pick it would be Benefit, but then again I love Rimmel too. Eeekkkk. I can't do it, it's like picking your favourite child. 

 What shop do you love?
Vivienne Westwood. Everytime I walk past the store I have to have a peek in, everything is so quirky & I would have loved to have been around for the punk movement in the 70s/80s when Ms Westwood was at the centre of punk fashion.

What are your biggest beauty/fashion hate's, that people do? 
Are you ready for the ridiculously long list? 
Eyebrows, I hate the overly done up eyebrow look, there is no need to have your brows looking like they have been drawn on with a black crayon. 
Stickers left on the bottom of shoes, PULL IT OFF. 
Shorts that are the same size as underwear. You wouldn't leave your house in your knickers now would you, so why is it acceptable to wear the denim equivalent of french knickers to go do your food shopping. Maybe I am just getting too old hehe. 
See through over stretched leggings. I do not need to see your cartoon knickers through your leggings, no matter how cute they are.
Seriosuly I could go on forever but I am starting to sound like an old grandma at the bus stop so I will leave it at them 4. 

What 1 tip would you give to a new blogger?
Be yourself when writing, it makes for great reading.

Any last things you would like to say?
Thank you to Keira for her great questions & amazing blog. Also I hope I haven't scared you all away & that you come & have a read of my blog, it's amazing to think that people read it & I really do enjoy writing it. Oh & always wear an SPF no matter what time of year it is :) 

HAYLEY'S LINKS
@teapartybeauty

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read every comment you leave me and will always reply so make sure to check back. Please just don't leave your blog link as it will be deleted, if you do leave me a comment you can add your link to the end

Keira
x